1. Engineered rubber or plastic roofs. These are made of reclaimed materials and come in a variety of colors and styles. They are estimated to last between 30 and 50 years and can be fairly cost efficient compared to other materials. It should work with any style of home.
2. Eco-roofs. These roofs are for the environmentally minded individual and work well with flat or slightly sloped roofs. It filters rain and is low maintenance. As with most environmentally friendly materials, it can cost a lot up front, but it is attractive and can extend the life of membrane used on the roof.
3. Hot asphalt with stones. This style of roof only works on a flat roof. It is inexpensive and easier to repair than other roofing materials but it is not environmentally friendly and can cause health problems from the fumes.
4. Reinforced concrete. It can work with almost any style of home. It comes in all kinds of colors and styles, is low maintenance and very durable. Once again, it can be expensive on the front end of things but that cost is offset by the durability and lifespan.
5. Asphalt roofs. Asphalt shingles can be used on any house and is inexpensive. There are lots of styles and colors. It is easy to repair and fire resistant. What you save in cost to install you lose in lifespan. It typically has a life-span between fifteen and thirty years and is not friendly to the environment.
6. Wood shingles. This style of roofing material typically works with cottage, ranch, and contemporary bungalows or historical homes. These are expensive and require professional installation. They are high maintenance but have a lifespan between thirty and fifty years if they are maintained and can offer some insulation.
7. Metal. These work with the same types of homes as the wood shingles. They are expensive because they are difficult to install but durable with a lifespan of at least fifty years. They are environmentally friendly and perform well against high wind and precipitation.
These are a few options for roofs that you can choose. Call different people in your area for more specific prices as you are planning what you want and how much you want to spend. Whatever roof you choose, it will improve the look and feel of your house.
Contact us for a free quote: email@example.com