Seamless gutter systems are one of the most popular products on the market today. Homeowners are beginning to understand the value of having a seamless system to protect their homes. However, if you don't know much about them, you may be asking:
"Why should I spend the extra money to get seamless gutters? Are they really that much better for my home?"
The answer to those questions would be a resounding YES!
Traditional gutters have a variety of seams and joints that become vulnerable the longer they are attached to a home. These seams are the main points where leaks begin, and these leaks can eventually lead to expensive water damage, rotting, rust, mold and other nasty problems.
Seamless gutters, however, are made using special equipment that allows them to be formed without any of these vulnerable seams. Their one-piece designs are stronger and better equipped to deflect rainwater and snow away from your home's foundation.
Seamless gutter systems also offer a variety of other benefits which are outlined below.
Benefits of a Seamless Gutter System
- Are custom made to fit your home (traditional gutters come in pre-made lengths)
- Have a one-piece design that better protects your home from rainwater, snow and ice
- Are made with stronger aluminum than traditional gutters
- Have larger and thicker downspouts that are better equipped to handle large amounts of precipitation
- Don't require screws, spikes or nails to attach to your roofline. This virtually eliminates the risk of sagging and separation from the fascia board - two of the biggest problems traditional gutters experience
- Form a watertight bond with your roof
As you can see, seamless gutter systems have a variety of capabilities that enable them to offer top-quality protection for your home. Keep in mind that every system is not created equally, so be sure to do your research before choosing one for your home. Seamless systems are more expensive than traditional gutters and they require professional gutter contractors to install them, so you want to make sure you are getting a top-quality product before you spend the extra money.
In addition, it is important to determine whether or not your home really needs a seamless system before you make the investment. If you live in an area that gets very little precipitation, the extra money is probably not worth it. But if you get a good amount of rain, snow and other nasty weather every year, it may be worthwhile to give your home the extra protection.
Learn more about seamless gutter systems to determine if they are right for your home. Find a gutter contractor in your area that is well-qualified to install seamless gutters. Do your research to make sure you are getting the best deal and most quality product possible.